Monday, July 9, 2007

The Post With the Most

Ever since the days of Gemstone III when it was hosted on AOL, I've been hooked on the MMORPG format for games. I played Gemstone III in all of its black-and-white, textular glory throughout my last years of middle school. Then it was on to Ultima and eventually Everquest the First. I played EQ for perhaps the longest of any of the massive online RPGs, starting my freshman year of college and ending shortly after I graduated.

So what's happening now? Am I continuing to turn the pages of Norrath's saga in Everquest II? Maybe questing through Azeroth with so many others in World of Warcraft? Or maybe just hanging out in Second Life?

Nah.

I'm looking for something new. I'm looking for something innovative. I'm looking for the best of the best! And, well, let's face it: with my budget, I'm looking for something free! I've been on this kick ever since discovering a little game called Tibia back when Everquest started to lose its iron grip on me. There's a wonderful game somewhere out there that's completely free to try; perhaps even completely free to play forever. This game is amazing. It is the most marvelous diversion imaginable.

My search continues. In my sifting of the murky river that is the Internet, I've come up with a few flakes of gold. Some are completely free. Some are merely cheap. Some are neither cheap nor free, but I'm so excited about their eventual release that I will shell out twice (nay, three times!) what they're asking for them just so I can put a copy in my shrine to eternal awesomeness.

Since this is my first post, I think it's a good time to state my thesis. I'm here to disseminate news on fun games I've found online. OK, not just "fun" games, but truly amazing games. Deviating from this goal a bit, I'll be reporting on other interesting content that I find online, such as funny web comics and news on upcoming games and movies. Really, I'll be posting on anything that's interesting me at the moment. Along the way, I'll hopefully be releasing a few minor diversions that I've been working on in Flash. So, that's about it really.

Mill about. Browse the links. Enjoy.

If there appears to be not much happening, you've probably got a good impression of the state of the blog right now. I’m still adding stuff. There’ll be more to come in the next few days, so check back soon.

No comments: